Are you confused by all the components of SharePoint metadata?
Managed metadata is a key component of a modern integrated SharePoint intranet. Metadata has many components and it is challenging to understand all the relationships.
Download Infographic Now
- Helping you understand and explain all the parts of the SharePoint metadata ecosystem.
- This diagram builds to provide clarity.
- Includes all components of the managed metadata system.
- Starts with basic site contents, and builds to the Term Store and page displays.
- Shows all components and their relationships.
- Use the animated builds to walk-through the technology with decision-makers, contributors and other stakeholders.
- Includes on-board navigation that links screen captures and Term Store components.
- Reveal screen captures when needed, or focus on only the infographic.
Taxonomy, Term Store, Term Group, Managed Term Group, Unmanaged Term Group, Term Set, Terms, Parent Term, Child Term, Pinned Term, Reused Term, Site Columns, Content Types, Universal Site Columns, Universal Content Types, Managed Metadata, Page Properties, Web Part, Web Part-to-Web Part Connection
Metadata is emerging functionality in the Modern interface. It has been available in SharePoint classic for a long time, but is now appearing in the Modern interface. My plan is to update this diagram as new features emerge. Let me know if you have suggestions for enhancements.
Watch for future updates.
. . .